Having a Fast and Consistent internet connection is your dream? Do you looking for the best wifi router for long range? In this review, we are going to cover the long range best budget gaming routers with a buying guide.
Whether it is about fast downloads, live streaming or even official office work, you need a good enough internet connection that is as least interruptive as possible.
Aside from your ISP and internet connection, the quality of your wireless router also affects the performance of your internet.
What you need is a good enough wireless router that allows you to work from anywhere within the range of the router and the keeps the internet connection stable throughout your work or gaming session.
- Hippo Adviser Deals For Wifi Routers [Savings]
- What is the Wifi Router?
- What is the best WiFi Router For Long Range And Gaming?
- What is the best Affordable WiFi Router under $100?
- Buyer’s Guide: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying Long Range Wifi Routers
- 1. Range of Wireless Routers
- 2. Single, Dual or Tri Band
- 3. Standard Signals
- 4. Security Protocols
- 5. USB Connectivity
- 6. Wired Connection Availability
- 7. Antenna Type
- 8. IPv6 Protocol
- TOP 10 Wireless Routers [2023 Updated]
- 1. NetGear NightHawk X10 (Under Budget)
- NetGear NightHawk X10 Review
- 2. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack (Budget Friendly)
- Google WiFi system, 3-Pack Review
- 3. NetGear Nighthawk R7000 (Under $150)
- NetGear Nighthawk R7000 Review
- 4. Asus RT-AC86U (Best For Big House)
- Asus RT-AC86U Review
- 5. AmpliFi HD WiFi System (Great For Multiple Devices)
- AmpliFi HD WiFi System Review
- 6. Samsung Connect Home (Hippo Adviser Choice)
- Samsung Connect Home Review
- 7. D-Link DIR 890L (With 4 LAN Ports)
- D-Link DIR 890L Review
- 8. TP-Link Archer C7 (Good For Money)
- TP-Link Archer C7 Review
- 9. Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router (Best Buy)
- Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router Review
- 10. TP-Link Deco M9 (Recommended For Multiple Devices)
- TP-Link Deco M9 Review
- Long Range Wifi Routers (FAQs)
Hippo Adviser Deals For Wifi Routers [Savings]
- Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming – Up to 5400 Mbps WiFi for faster browsing, streaming, gaming and downloading, all at the same...
- Full Featured WiFi 6 Router– Equipped with 4T4R and HE160 technologies on the 5 GHz band to enable max 4.8 Gbps ultra-fast...
- Connect More Devices – Supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA to reduce congestion and 4X the average throughput
- VPN Server: Archer AX21 Supports both Open VPN Server and PPTP VPN Server
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
- Dual-Band WiFi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network...
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good(2×2/HE160 2402 Mbps plus...
- Whole Home WiFi Coverage - Covers up to 6500 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and...
- Connect More Devices - Deco X55(3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi
What is the Wifi Router?
A wireless router allows you to access the internet without having to physically connect a device with the router. You just simply connect to the internet through a WiFi connection.
This type of router allows you to connect your mobile devices to the internet as well. It is a much better and efficient way of connecting to the online world as compared with a wired connection.
What is the best WiFi Router For Long Range And Gaming?
Based on the user reviews, we have found that routers by Netgear like NetGear NightHawk X10 are gamers’ first choice so you might want to go with that if you are looking for an excellent gaming experience.
What is the best Affordable WiFi Router under $100?
WiFi routers come in all kinds of price ranges, from $100 to $300 and even more. If you are looking for a cheap product then we recommend going for Google WiFi 0r TP-Link Archer C7 as they offer the best price to performance ratio.
Buyer’s Guide: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying Long Range Wifi Routers
But you should know that these devices won’t support a whole lot of features. If you want more features, you have got to loosen up your wallet strings a little bit.
1. Range of Wireless Routers
Wireless Range is one of the most important factors that you need to consider before buying a Wireless Router. Are you looking for office use or just for your home? Based on your answer to this question you’d know which one you should buy. Whether a simple or a Mesh Wireless Router.
2. Single, Dual or Tri Band
WiFi Band technology used determines how the latest and powerful your wireless connection is. A single frequency band broadcasts wireless signals on a single frequency (Generally 2.4GHz). Dual and Tri Band wireless routers transmit signals at 5.0 and 6.0 GHz respectively.
We recommend going for a router that is at least dual bands because that way you get the support for older devices with 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz gives you additional power for extreme usage.
3. Standard Signals
Your Wireless router should support Standard Signals because they determine the strength of your Wireless connection. These signals are 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11ac. These signals are in alphabet order and the strength increase in this order. So that by7 pattern, 802.11ac should be supported by your Wireless router.
4. Security Protocols
Your wireless should come with a standard connection security protocol. These protocols make sure that your information remains private and inaccessible any to the third party.
Standard security protocols are WEP, WPA, WPA2. These security protocols sit at different levels and require different levels of access thus ensuring the security of your wireless connection.
5. USB Connectivity
Make sure that you Wireless router has a reasonable number of USB ports. For personal use about 3-4 ports should suffice but if you plan on using a router for your office then you should consider investing in a router that comes with more USB ports for Ethernet Connection.
6. Wired Connection Availability
Although our main focus is on Wireless Routers, but when you decide on buying a device make sure that if supports wired connection as well. Because although wireless technology has come a long way, wired connection still beats it.
Wired connection can be through a USB port. Most routers that you find online come with about 2-3 USB ports but still there are some products that has 8 or more LAN ports. So you have a lot of options and you can choose the one that works best for you.
7. Antenna Type
Wireless Routers comes with 2 different types of antennas. Latest router models prefer internal antennas as they complement the device design and that is in fact a right move, if you are going for looks that is.
Still, we have found that external antennas broadcast signals at much better rates and their range is also better. So, it is more about your preference.
8. IPv6 Protocol
Older wireless routers support only IPv4 protocol which is becoming an old standard. What you need is for your wireless router to work on the latest IPv6 standard for maximum security and better connection.
With the internet network technologies becoming better every day, you’d want to adopt to the latest standards for maximum performance value.
Buying a reasonable WiFi router is a difficult task because there are so many options available for you and you just don’t know which one to go for. Keeping that in mind, after thorough research we have gathered together a list of the top 10 best wireless routers that you can find in the market.
TOP 10 Wireless Routers [2023 Updated]
Let’s briefly review each of these products and hopefully, after that, you’d know which one you should go for.
1. NetGear NightHawk X10 (Under Budget)
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz...
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit...
Overview: Although quite expensive, NetGear NightHawk X10 is what you need if you want super-fast streaming experience and a top-notch Virtual Reality Gaming Experience. You can get this WiFi router for about $400. That is just an estimated price, it may vary from vendor to vendor.
NetGear NightHawk X10 Review
X10 comes with some pretty exciting features. It supports there WiFi bands. 2.4 GHz, 5.0GHz and 6.0GHz. Along with powerful WiFi connectivity, is also comes with 7, Gigabit Ethernet ports including 6 WAN and 1 LAN port. It also supports Multi-User, Multi-input, Multi Output feature.
With its 160MHz WiFi technology, it offers lightning fast connection to mobile devices. X10 is what you would call a device for the future. Many of its features are not supported by most devices these days but the users who have used this device has found it to be one of the best ones as compared with its competition.
- Supports WiFi with MU-MIMO for high speed on mobile devices
- X10 Support a total of about 7.5bGbps WiFi Speed
- Best for 4K Streaming and Live as well as VR Gaming
- Comes with 7 Ethernet Ports
- Supports Amazon Drive backup and Amazon Alexa Commands
2. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack (Budget Friendly)
- A new type of connected system for seamless WiFi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It’s compatible with major internet service providers...
- A single WiFi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 square feet Wifi points work together...
Overview: Google WiFi is not just a router, it is a full-fledged WiFi system which comes with WiFi Units which one functional offer the best internet experience. This device would be unlike any other WIFI router that you have ever seen both in terms of design and performance.
Google WiFi system, 3-Pack Review
Its design is one of the best things about this router. The whole package contains 3 small identical WIFI units that are tiny and take very little space. Each Unit is about 4.1inches in diameter about 2.1 inches height.
Aside from design, its performance features are also exceptional. It comes with a dual band WIFI (2.4and 5.0GHz) and also supports IEEE standard 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. It comes with two ports for Ethernet connection. The design is antenna less so one more damage risk is avoided. The router can controlled with Google Home or Alexa commands.
- Supports Dual WIFI Bands
- Also Supports Basic IEEE standards
- Comes with 2 Ethernet Ports
- Comes with 710MHz Quad core processor and about 512 Mb Ram.
- The design is Quite Elegant
3. NetGear Nighthawk R7000 (Under $150)
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit...
Overview: Another top of the line product by Netgear, R7000 is your best choice if you are looking for quality bandwidth on your router. It supports dual bands and both work at peak performance allowing you to have the best Wireless internet experience on all devices.
NetGear Nighthawk R7000 Review
Netgear is AC1900 and offers 1300Mbs speed on 5.0 GHz band and 600Mbps speed on 2.4GHz band. You can see this is actually a pretty powerful device. Design wise this router is pretty badass. It all black and comes with 3 detachable antennas. One downside about its design is, it is pretty big so you’d need to free up some space for it sit on.
R7000 comes with some pretty exciting features. It support DD-WRT which allows you to run third party firmware based on Linux operating system. It also supports openVPN and openDNS which gives you full parental control package which is built within the router.
- Dual Bands with fast Connectivity
- Supports DD-WRT
- Comes with a parental Control package
- Offers top-notch quality of Service
4. Asus RT-AC86U (Best For Big House)
- Connector Type : USB.Antenna: External detachable antenna x 3. Internal antenna x 1..Memory : 256 MB Flash, 512 MB RAM
- Dual-band (2.4 plus 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900...
- 1.8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
Overview: Asus is most commonly known for making high-end gaming laptops that offer unparalleled gaming experience. But laptops are not the only thing that they make. Asus also has some pretty powerful routers that you can in a fairly reasonable price range. The one mentioned, RT-AC86U is a top of the line wireless router than you can but under about $300.
Asus RT-AC86U Review
Ironically, the design of this product is quite like any other gaming laptop developed by Asus so it can be a cool addition to your gaming peripherals. The design is all black with hints of red along antennas. There are 4 antennas for the best transmission of signals. Overall the design is sleek and gives an awesome feel.
Talking about the features, it comes with 8 LAN ports which on top of outstanding wireless are a great addition to the native features of the device. This router can also work as a NAS as well. It is a dual band router that supports 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands that give you lightning fast internet connection experience that works without interruptions.
- Dual Band Router with Amazing Wireless Connectivity
- Comes with 8 LAN ports
- Also Supports NAS functionality
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- USB Connectivity Support
5. AmpliFi HD WiFi System (Great For Multiple Devices)
- WHOLE HOME WiFi SYSTEM: Not Just a Wi-Fi router, it's a Wi-Fi system. The AmpliFi HD Kit includes a Wi-Fi router with an...
- 802.11AC TECHNOLOGY FOR FASTER SPEEDS AND BETTER COVERAGE: AmpliFi HD is more than a wireless router: it’s the ultimate Wi-Fi...
- Wi-Fi RANGE EXTENDER REPLACEMENT: AmpliFi MeshPoints feature adjustable super antennas that can be placed discreetly in almost any...
Overview: If you are looking for a powerful mesh router that extends wifi signals to your entire home or workplace then Amplifi HD WiFi System is the device for you. Although it is a comparatively less known device, we have found it to be one of the best mesh wifi systems that you can find in the market.
AmpliFi HD WiFi System Review
This device has a catchy look that distinguishes it from its competition. The design is white-colored, light-weight and takes very little space. The apparent look is quite aesthetic and if you let it sit on any table around your house it’d look like a piece of art. This wifi router destroys the idea of setting up routers being messy.
Setting up Amplifi HD WiFi System is pretty easy. When you turn it on, the interface asks you to download Amplifi app for Android or IOS and then you can set it up by following just a few steps.
This Wifi router is fairly cheap as compared with other products on the list but still works efficiently and if you are looking for a device with latest features under this price range then this is the device for you.
- WIFI Mesh that covers your entire House
- Dual Band WiFi Router
- Supports Up to 5.22Gbps staggering speed
- Comes with a smart touch display for easy configuration
- Easy Plug and Play Setup
6. Samsung Connect Home (Hippo Adviser Choice)
- Corner to corner Wi-Fi coverage for homes up to 1,500 square feet and up to 866 Mbps at 5 GHz + 400 Mbps at 2.4 GHz (AC1300)...
- A smarter router with Smart Home hub functionality that easily connects compatible cameras, lights, voice assistants and more
- Set-Up in minutes, and keeps your Wi-Fi network safe and secure.
Overview: If your place has a number of android based smart devices then what you need is a Samsung Connect Home WiFi router to better manage all of that. It is a great wireless mesh router that extends the WiFi range of your router to your entire house or workplace. The best part about this device is you can use it as a smart home hub to control other smart appliances of your home
Samsung Connect Home Review
The design approach used here by Samsung is pretty awesome. Home Connect Comes in a set of 3 puck shaped devices that are all in white color and have a Samsung logo on the top along with an LED indicator on each of the pucks that blinks red or green to show different device statuses.
All three pucks when appropriately placed can cover up to 1500 sq ft of area. The dual band that supports 866Mbps on 5.0GHz and 400Mbps on on 2.4GHz offers a great and interrupt free wireless connection experience. The device also comes with an about 6 meters long LAN cable for physical connection.
- Dual Band WiFi Router
- Comes with LED indicators for Showing Device Status
- Also packs a 6m long LAN Cable
- Covers about 1550 square feet
- Mesh Router System that covers your entire place
- Ultimate Wi-Fi performance with AC3200 Tri Band speeds (1 x 600 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 2 x 1300 Mbps in 5GHz) to support more connected...
- Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high performance antennas
- The 1GHz dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless speeds
Overview: D-Link DIR 890L has a unique design along with some pretty fine list of features. Especially the design is remarkable. It is unlike anything we have ever seen and it is probably one of the most stylish WiFi routers that you can find out there. And as far as the speed, ease of setting up, power and other benchmark features are concerned, it is really is one of the finest choices for a w WiFi router.
It comes in All Red with hints of black, giving it a pretty exciting look. The design also features about 6 antennas accurately placed for maximum range coverage. Such level of consistent power is necessary if you have a large space that you need covered.
One downside is, with DIR890L you only get about 4 LAN ports. To us, that’s a pretty unreasonable use of this device’s potential because it can clearly do so much more. But other than that, it is a fairly decent device as far as the Wireless connectivity is concerned.
- Awesome WiFi connectivity with AC3200 Tri-Band Technology
- Allows you to connect more devices that other routers on the list
- Packs 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- Excellent QoS
- Intuitive User-Interface
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes...
- Supports 802.11ac standard - the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Simultaneous 2.4GHz 450Mbps and 5GHz 1300Mbps connections for1.75Gbps of total available bandwidth
Overview: If you are looking for a router that allows you to do your basic internet related task efficiently then TP-Link Archer C7 is the device for you. Reason? It is the most budget friendly router that you can find out there. There are not many such devices that you can find that offer such consistent price to performance ratio. We assure you that if you buy this device, you’d be paying exactly for the value of this amazing Wireless Router.
As far as the design is concerned, although pretty simple but it still looks quite decent. It comes with 3 antennas for long range and consistent connection. It also has 3 internal antennas which add to the power of this amazing device. Also, it is a dual band router so you can run it on most of your devices without much difficulty.
One downside is you won’t be getting any extra features that although add more money to the device’s value, also make life much easier for you. But other than that, this is probably the best device that you can get within this price range.
- Dual Band Wireless Router for secure WiFi connection on all devices
- Comes with 6 antennas (3 Internal and 3 External)
- Also Supports USB Access
- Comes with an App for easy configuration
- Comes with a 2 Years Warranty
9. Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router (Best Buy)
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers,...
Overview: With Apple Airport Extreme Base station WiFi Router, apple has set up its foot into another market and we have got to say it looks like they are going to take a lead this time as well. This amazing looking product is a decent combination of style and power. You won’t get this level of connection consistency and security with any other router in the market.
Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router Review
DeDesign-wiset is pretty similar to most apple products. It comes with a white colored finishing with an Apple Logo on the front. Since it is a dual band writer, it offers a stable wireless connection. This Wireless routers has incorporated latest WiFi standards for an interruption free transmission of signals.
It comes with about 4 LAN ports and a USB ports which we’ve got to say are placed at just the right position. This device would be an interesting collection to your other Apple products.
- Works on Latest WiFi Standards for Stable Connection
- Comes with 3 LAN ports and a USB port
- The design approach is pretty decent
- Dual Band Wireless Router Allows you to connect all your devices
- Supports both PC and Mac
- Whole home coverage – cover up to 4, 500 sq. Ft. With seamless, high-performance Wi-Fi and eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Faster tri-band speed for more devices
- Intelligent Wi-Fi network – Deco M9 Plus unites your home under a single Wi-Fi name and password while delivering the best...
Overview: Another Decent product by TP-Link, Deco M9 is a Mesh Wireless router that addresses your WiFi coverage issue in the best way. It contains multiple unit for consistent connection throughout your home and work environment. If you are the kind of person who has a need for consistent wireless connection at all times then this is the device for you.
Deco M9 has a pretty intuitive design and with its white-coloured exterior, it comes off as a pretty decent device. It also comes with LED indicators at the top of the device for showing different device statuses. Also, the device is pretty simple to set up. You can configure Deco M9 with an App this provided with the unit. The app has a pretty self-explanatory interface so it is pretty easy to set it up all by yourself.
This router falls on the high-priced spectrum of Wireless Routers but we assure you that if you decide on buying this device, it would be totally worth it.
- Dual Band Wireless Router That offers Stable Wireless Connection
- Comes with a Built-in Smart Hub
- LAN and WAN ports for Ethernet Connection
- QoS Guaranteed
- Allows you to set up parental controls
Long Range Wifi Routers (FAQs)
How do I choose best budget WiFi router?
A WiFi router is a device that transmits the internet signal to your devices. It receives the signal from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and then broadcasts it over different frequencies so that any compatible device can access it.
The latest technology available for WiFi routers is wi fi 6, offering faster speeds than ever before. Wi fi 6 routers include features such as longer battery life for connected devices, improved coverage even in difficult areas, better security protocols to protect against cyber-attacks, and support for more devices simultaneously connected to the same network.
What is the good WiFi router in 2022 for long range?
Mesh networking is the latest technological advancement for expanding WiFi coverage over large homes or other areas with complex network requirements. It’s quickly becoming the preferred choice for those who need fast, reliable Wi-Fi access throughout their home.
A good mesh router will have an impressive range of up to 5,000 square feet, including multiple bands and connection options like dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios—so that all devices can connect at once without any issues.
The best routers offer cutting-edge features such as beamforming technology (which ensures signals are focused on the desired devices) as well as MU-MIMO ROUTER (Multi-User Multiple Input/Multiple Output) which allows multiple devices to be connected simultaneously without sacrificing bandwidth or speed.
How does a WiFi Router work?
It is important to consider routers with strong security features, especially if you have larger homes with multiple users and devices.
When looking for a good budget WiFi router, it is important to keep in mind that there are numerous products on the market offering different features at various price points.
To ensure you make an informed purchase decision, it is wise to research each option thoroughly and compare specs side by side before investing in a router.
Consider your unique needs like bandwidth requirements, the number of user connections needed, and any additional features such as parental control or guest access settings that might be beneficial for your household.
Does a better router extend WiFi range?
Whether the latest and greatest technology can really offer significant improvements in real world use is something that must be tested.
High end wireless routers have come a long way in recent years, offering features like MU MIMO which stands for Multiple User Multiple Input Multiple Output. This technology essentially divides the bandwidth of the router into multiple streams so that several devices can access it simultaneously without sacrificing speed or stability.
In theory this should result in better overall coverage and performance as well as increased range when compared to traditional single user technology.
Buying the best WiFi routers requires you to do thorough research about the features and requirements that you want your WiFi router to have. Only then you can make a reasonable choice.
If you don’t want to go through all that trouble then this is the list for you. Our List of Top 10 Best WiFi Router For Long ranges in 2023 would help you narrow down your choices. And if you are still having a hard time deciding then you can always consult our buyer’s guide for further information.
You may review the Hippo Adviser list of Top 10 Wireless Routers and let us know what you think about it in the comments section.
- Best PC Cases Under $70 Review [A List Of TOP 10]
- Best Computer Chairs For Long Hours Of Sitting [TOP 30 Picks]
- Most Expensive Gaming Mouse [A List of the Top 15]