LG Stylo 6 is one of the most popular and latest LG touchscreen devices that you can find out there. This device offers excellent features that make it a must-choice for everyone.
Some users have reported certain touchscreen issues with this device. These issues are minor and relatively rare. But still, they can be quite frequent on the devices where they show up.
If you have an LG Stylo 6 device and you are facing touchscreen issues on it, then you are at the right place. We are going to share with you some of the most recommended ways you can fix these issues on your LG Stylo 6.
Our Savings For LG Mobile Phones [DEALs]
- Display: 6.1 inches P-OLED capacitive touchscreen w/ Glass...
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM - microSD, up to 1 TB
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) - Chipset: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon...
- 3.0" WQVGA TFT Color LCD Display (400 x 240) pixels
- Battery 1470 mAh
- Camera 5 MP
6 Ways To Fix LG Stylo 6 Touchscreen Issues
So, without further ado, let’s get started and talk about the LG Stylo 6 issues and their fixes.
Method #1 Reboot Your LG Stylo 6
It is the most commonly used method for fixing an unresponsive touchscreen problem on the LG Stylo 6.
Rebooting your phone stops all running processes in the background, making its memory completely free.
This makes sure that apps run smoothly, without any kind of issues. So, you should try restarting your phone. This will most probably fix the issue with your LG Stylo 6 device.
Follow the steps below to reboot your device:
Press and hold the volume button and the power button at the same time for a few seconds. Your smartphone will then be rebooted.
Method #2 Boot Into Safe Mode
Safe mode allows you have your LG Stylo 6 boot back to the original state when your phone was initially turned on.
Safe mode blocks any third-party apps that are installed on your Android phone.
You can make your phone go back to the condition that it had before when you first got it, by restarting your phone.
Here is how you can initiate the safe mode on your LG Stylo 6:
- Hold and press the Power Button.
- A menu will open. Press then hold down the power Off logo for 3-4 seconds.
- You will get the “Reboot in safe mode” notification. Click OK to go into safe mode.
Method #3 Factory Reset The Device
You should be aware that when you reset your phone to factory reset, it will erase all your data, including downloaded apps. It will return the phone to its factory default settings, just as is the case if you buy a new phone.
Make sure you back up all important and necessary data and files before attempting to reset factory settings on the LG Stylo 6.
You can follow the steps listed below to reset the settings on your LG Stylo 6:
- The first step is to back all your data to the internal storage.
- Now turn off your device.
- Then, press while holding the Power button as well as The Volume button simultaneously.
- When you see the LG logo is displayed, you continue to hold the button that turns off the volume then release and hold the Power button once more.
Method #4 Wipe the System Cache Partition
The cache partition that you delete from the LG Stylo 6 will clear any system errors that could be causing the touchscreen issues.
The steps given below are going to help you wipe the system cache partition:
- For starters, you can turn the power on to your LG Stylo 6 by pressing the Power button.
- To turn your device off Press then hold down the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously.
- If you get the boot logo then release both keys and hold them for a couple of minutes until the device goes into safe mode.
- When you are in Recovery Mode In Recovery Mode, move to the right and left by using your Keys to Volume Up or Down Then, select to power up.
- All you need to do is scroll down to find the Wipe Cache Partition and select it using the Power button and then click Yes. “Yes” option.
- Hold and press the Power button for a couple of minutes until it returns to normal mode, allowing it to restart the system.
Method #5 Reset Your Device Back To Its Default Settings
Altering certain settings on the device may create problems for the touchscreen. Resetting to default settings may resolve LG Stylo 6 unresponsive touchscreen issues.
Modifying the settings of the device could occasionally cause problems with the touchscreen.
Here is how you can reset your device back to its default settings:
- First, go to your device’s settings app.
- Then tap onto then the General Management option.
- Then, tap on the Reset button after which you can reset all of your settings.
- Tap on the Reset settings option.
- If you have set a passcode, then you must enter it.
- Then, tap to Reset button.
Method #6: Update the Software of Your LG Stylo 6
A lot of LG devices suffer from this issue and the issue has been solved in a recent software update.
So, if there’s an updated software version available on your smartphone, you should install it.
You need to go to the settings of your smartphone and find the Look for Updates settings. You can click on the settings to look for the latest updates.
If a new software update is available, you can download and install it on your device. This is going to fix the LG Stylo 6 touchscreen issues for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my phone touch malfunctioning?
Due to the complexity of mobile devices, malfunctioning touch screens are a common issue for smartphone users. If you’re having problems with your LG Stylo 6, it is important to understand why it might be happening and how to fix the issue.
One possible cause could be due to software errors related to a recent update or an app that isn’t compatible with your device. To identify this problem, try restarting your phone in safe mode – if you receive a notification that another feature has crashed after entering safe mode then this may indicate a software issue.
Additionally, if you have dropped or bumped your phone recently then there could be physical damage causing the touch screen not to work correctly. Before attempting any repairs yourself, take your phone in for professional repair as further damage can occur unless done correctly by experienced technicians.
How do I fix the ghost touch on my LG Stylo 6?
Does it seem like the screen is moving on its own, or “ghost touching”? Don’t worry you can take steps to fix the issue. One way to solve a ghost touch problem is to press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. This will cause your device to restart and may resolve any minor bugs that could be causing the ghost touches.
If pressing and holding the power button doesn’t help, you may need a more drastic solution—a factory reset. This will erase all of your data from your device, so you should make sure to back up any important files beforehand. To perform a factory reset, go into Settings > General > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset.
How do I fix my glitchy touch screen?
Touch screens are an amazing invention, but they can be prone to glitches and problems. If you’re having trouble with your touch screen not responding properly, there are a few things you can do to get it back in working order.
The first thing to try is to make sure your device is running the latest software update. Your device manufacturer should have instructions on how to update your software on their website or through the device itself. This will often fix any small issues that may be causing the problem with your touchscreen.
If that doesn’t work, then the next step would be to factory reset your LG phone or tablet. It’s important that you backup all of your data before attempting this as factory resets remove everything from the device and restore it back to its original state when it was first purchased.
There are numerous methods to fix the touchscreen issue on the LG Stylo 6. You can try using one of the methods we have recommended in this article. The steps above will assist to resolve LG Stylo 6 touchscreen issues.
Many reasons can trigger the issues. However, if the issue is caused by physical damage to the device, it is best to first examine the screen with care.
Removing the screen and replacing it with a new screen is the ideal solution how to fix the LG stylo 6 problems and touchscreen issues in case the screen gets damaged.
We’ll suggest that regardless of whether the issue with your touch screen is due to physical damage or caused by some internal settings, you should take the steps mentioned above.
And if you have any questions regarding the methods mentioned in this article, feel free to reach out to us in the comment sections.